I am convinced that the followers of this blog and Spanish gastronomy lovers, already know the Ortiz products (anchovies, Bonito del Norte, tuna belly, boquerones …), but for those who have not yet had the chance to know them, we have great news for you! ! A new flavor from Spain is waiting for you! Do you want to know the real taste of the sea??
The Ortiz family has over 100 years using artisan techniques for preserving magnificent Cantabrian Seafood and putting it into shops and restaurants on five different continents. 100 years of presence in the market and five generations of the Ortiz family in the business, are proof that this is a great quality product and the company behind it has done very well.
As the word “Quality” can sometimes be very subjective or uncertain, we would like to tell why in Solex we love these products:
1. A delicious raw material: Bonito del Norte Tuna is the variety of tuna most valued in markets because of its taste and nutritional properties. Anchovies are a very common species in different seas, but they approach the Spanish coast at the perfect time of maturation.
2. Delicate production techniques: examples – each Anchovy is selected one by one to be treated with salt (Brown anchovy) or marinated in vinegar (White anchovy). The loins of Bonito del Norte tuna are removed, maintaining the structure of the fish, adding only extra virgin olive oil. Each anchovy is cleaned and filleted by hand …
3. Environmentally friendly: each piece is fished one by one with the traditional techniques of fish line hook, so the suffering of the fish is diminished, and it doesn’t affect other fish species. This is performed after the birth of their off spring, ensuring continuity of the species.
4. For its healthy properties: both the tuna, anchovies, and olive oil are basic ingredients of the Mediterranean diet, known worldwide for its fish fat, omega-3 acids and antioxidants.
5. A food with a personality taste that can be adapted to other cuisines: these are ingredients of a very pronounced flavor, unique and characteristic. Thus, it can be used as a unique ingredient in any dish in any worldwide cuisine, respecting the flavors of each gastronomy.
6. Innovative company: a business and a family of products that looks to suit customer needs (complete portfolio of seafood, different formats according to the distribution channel …) and constantly evolving new products (tuna in ecological olive oil, mackerel roe, pre cooked plates …)
We are proud to continue offering you ‘quality’ products and we’d love to listen to your opinions …
What is your view/perspective of the Bonito del Norte tuna a an ingredient to your kitchen?
How do you see the difference in maturity between the Brown and White anchovy?
Do you want to share with us some experiences about the northern Spain and the Cantabrian Sea?
Solex Finance Manager
Member of a team focused on our customers,
Member of a team specialist on our products
Read Full Post »