Congratulations to Javier Bardem! Enhorabuena! As Spaniards and providers of all that is delicious from Spain, we feel proud that Javier Bardem has been nominated for the Best Actor award for his work in the film “Biutiful”. So this blog post is dedicated to him and his years of acting in both Spain and the United States.
While we would love to interview Javier Bardem about his favorite foods, I don’t think we’d be able to get an appointment. So instead we’ve compiled a list of our top 5 foods in honor of Javier Bardem’s Academy Award nomination and his extensive filmography.
Raise the curtain please! Here is our version of Javier Bardem’s top 5 favorite foods.
- Croquetas de Jamon Jamon: Bardem’s acting in the dark comedy “Jamon Jamon” makes this food a must on his top 5 list. This dish, featuring Spanish cuisine’s own best supporting actor Jamon Serrano, is featured at the Bardem family restaurant La Bardemcilla in Madrid.
- Huevos de Oro Estrellados: Named for another of Bardem’s films “Huevos de Oro” (yes, Golden Balls English), this dish features scrambled eggs and delicious cooking chorizo. Huevos de Oro Estrellados is also served at La Bardemcilla.
- Butifarra: This traditional white sausage from Catalonia honors the film “Biutiful”, set in the Catalonian city Barcelona. Will Butifarra have a cameo appearance in the movie?
- Montelarreina Cheese: An award winner like Javier Bardem should eat an award winning cheese like 12 month cured sheep’s milk cheese, Montelarreina, winner of many awards including the gold medal at the World Cheese Awards in 2008.
- Tortas de Aceite: This sweet treat must be included in honor of his even sweeter wife Penelope Cruz.
What do you think Javier Bardem’s favorite food would be?